Thank you for your desire to partner with Refuge Ranch!
Refuge Ranch is a 501c3 non profit organization. Absolutely all of our programs are offered free of charge to anyone who needs them! Refuge receives no government funding or assistance. We are funded entirely by private donations. We are currently set up to take cash, check or credit card. If you wish to make a one-time or monthly donation online with a credit card via PayPal, simply click the Donate or Subscribe buttons below.
Frequently Asked Questions About Donating
If I make a donation, where does it go?
Unless otherwise designated by the giver, all monetary donations go into the general operating fund. These funds are used to pay for program expenses, ranch maintenance and horse care.
Are donations Tax-deductible?
Refuge Ranch is a 501(c)3 non profit organization and as such we can supply tax receipts for all donations that include but are not limited to: monetary donations, horse tack, ranch equipment, feed, land, building supplies, horses, etc. Contribution statements are sent out quarterly.
Can I donate my tack and/or horse equipment?
Absolutely! Donated tack is either incorporated into our program, or placed in our tack shop to be sold. All funds go into our operating budget to support the ministry of Refuge!
In kind donations are all other donations that are not a monetary gift. Refuge accepts such items as used tack, gift cards, building supplies for projects, etc. If you would like to make an in kind donation, feel free to contact us and set up a time to deliver your gift and maybe even take a quick tour of the farm!
● Fly Spray, Fly Spray, Fly Spray
● Fly masks and boots
● Hay (Grass or Alfalfa/Grass mix)
● New or Used Tack What we cannot use here at Refuge is sold to benefit the operation of the Ranch.
●Grooming supplies (curry combs, brushes, hoof picks, mane and tail detangler, bathing supplies, etc.)
● New or used boots
● Prepackaged drinks and snacks for the kids are welcomed. Particularly freeze pops and bottled water!
● Coffee & Hot Chocolate
●Craft supplies (construction paper, stamps, stickers, markers, etc.)
● Helmets are an absolute must for the safety of participants. Due to liability and safety guidelines, we cannot accept used helmets. All helmets must be new and meet current ASTM/SEI certification standards. Equestrian helmets are designed specifically for the type of injury which is most likely to occur when riding horses, so unfortunately bike helmets are not appropriate.
● Gift cards for Tractor Supply Co., Big R, Farm & Home, or Menards
● 8’ or 16’ treated pine decking (new or used in good condition) For our never ending fencing projects.
● 6” or 8” round fence posts
● Weed Spray (Round Up)
● Grass/Pasture Seed
● Bird Feeders/Bird Seed
● Plastic manure forks
● Wire cutters
● Heavy duty water hose
● Folding Machine
● Postage stamps
Other Ways to Contribute
In Kind Donations