An internship at Refuge Ranch is a great way to explore a career path, gain new skills and experiences, bolster your resume, and experience personal growth and development. Interns also bless the Ranch as they work and minister alongside our staff!
Our primary goal for your internship is to see you grow spiritually, both in your personal relationship with God and also as a spiritual leader and discipler of others. Growth comes by allowing ourselves to be challenged. An internship at Refuge will push you outside of your comfort zone and challenge you spiritually, emotionally, and physically. While internships at the Ranch are not paid, we may be able to help with or point you in the direction of housing if this is a need.
Interns are expected to work a minimum of 20 hours/week on site at the Ranch during our open hours. The schedule can be built with some flexibility around the intern’s schedule.
Intern Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning paddocks
- Scrubbing troughs
- Maintaining grounds (watering flowers, working in the garden, repairing fence, etc.)
- Participating in staff horsemanship
- Participating in and leading devotional times
- Leading mentoring sessions for youth
- Horse care & feeding as scheduled
- Assisting with or leading volunteer work groups
- Assisting with office/clerical work as necessary
- Growing in your horsemanship (riding and groundwork)
Click here for the internship application.